This Off-Road Challenge will take driver and machine through several custom-built obstacles, a mud pit, and a blindfolded driving course. This challenge is not a race! It will focus on your technical driving abilities, throttle control, patience, trusting your passenger, and challenge you for the win.
THE EVENT IS SPLIT INTO THREE DIFFERENT CHALLENGES:
Section 1 The first part of the 4×4 Challenge will test throttle control of your vehicle. By placing a water container on the bonnet (non-permanent and easily removable after the event), the goal is to complete all competition obstacles by spilling as little water as possible. Once all obstacles are completed, the remaining water will be measured and the team with the most water remaining, wins!
Section 2 A mud pit will dare driver and machine to push through 50 metres of mud, do a u-turn (on hard ground) and come back through 50 metres of mud. Points are awarded for successful completion of the mud pit (no extra points for speed). Keep those windows closed! For those topless and doorless jeepers, have no fear – we will have a discounted paid service on hand to clean it out.
Section 3 The key to any good team is communication! A blindfolded driver listening to navigating instructions from the passenger is exactly what this will test. Barrels are used as obstacles and covered with a padded cover to avoid any scratches on vehicles in case of a hit. Points are taken away for every hit. Marriages will be tested!
Winner will receive a trophy & a set of BF Goodrich Tires.
Second place will receive a Quick Flate set.
Third place will receive a XQuarry course voucher.
All cars will receive an event T-Shirt, BFG cap and car sticker.
- You will have 1.5 hours to complete the challenges.
- Register a team of 2 people (minimum – one driver and one co-driver) per car. Extra passengers are permitted but only 1 spotter will be allowed to participate in section 3.
- Drivers must hold a valid driving license.
- You must arrive 30 mins before your time slot and will only be allowed to participate in your booked time slot (you may arrive at 9am and wait your turn to watch the other cars take part).
- You may enter once only. The competition is limited to 20 cars maximum.
- The challenge takes place on Saturday, 22 January from 0900 to 1300. All contestants have access to the entire park for the day and are invited to complete all our obstacles after the event.
- The entry fee for the event is AED299 which includes the AED150 daily park admission.
- Participation is at your own risk, we do not take any liability for damages to your vehicle.
All participants and passengers must sign the waiver form! If you have signed the form through an earlier visit, you do not need to sign it again. We will verify whether you need to sign it or not at the entrance.
The Covid rules as per the event date will apply (you must be vaccinated with Al Hosn App or alternatively need a PCR test not older than 48hrs, Mask are mandatory)
- All vehicles must be in good condition with front and rear recovery points, and have a working spare tyre with necessary equipment to change the tyre.
- Cars longer than a wheelbase of 3 metres are unable to participate (4 door pickups, etc.). A standard 5 door 4WD is not a problem.
- Keep your centre of gravity low by minimising any weight on your roof.
- Fire extinguisher.