Discover 4×4 Course I
This is an ideal course if you are new to off-roading and want to understand what all the fancy 4WD buttons do on your Four Wheel Drive vehicle. You will get an excellent foundational knowledge that will increase your self confidence so you can enjoy the outdoors in the UAE safely. This course covers both the rock / wadi driving and sand driving. Rock driving / crawling is a great way to understand what your vehicle is actually capable of, as well as how and why it behaves in certain conditions. After the obstacles in the park, we go to the dunes where we show you how to drive in the dunes for your specific vehicle so as to avoid any damage.
Any stock 4×4 is more than suitable for the course. You also don’t need to be afraid of any damages to the car even if it is brand new, if the instructions are followed there will be zero damages (we have a clean track record of several thousand cars in the park without any damage).
You don’t need any off-roading equipment and we even recommend to only buy gear after the course because you will know how to spend your money the best way.
The following topics are covered:
- Safety: seat belts, air bags, distance, etc.
- Engine power, gear selection, tyres, electronic aids, etc.
- Park obstacles: approach/breakover/departure angles, wading, throttle control, traction control, etc.
- Dune driving: Climbing/descending a dune, crossing a crest, reading the sand, assisted recovery, etc.
For all our courses, we not only cover ‘the what’ and ‘the how’, but also ‘the why’ – this is critical so you can build on your knowledge simply with experience in going out to the desert.
- 30 minute training room session to cover the basics (air conditioned and washrooms avaiable).
- 1 hour practical session inside the off-road park to put into practice what you have learned under the guidance of our instructor.
- 2 hour session in the desert where you put into practice what you have learned under the guidance of our instructor.
- Several short breaks where water, soft drinks, coffee, and snacks are provided.
- Timings: Morning session is 09:00 – 13:00 / afternoon session is 14:00 to 18:00.
Please check the calendar for when the courses are scheduled.