This is an ideal course whether you are new to off-roading or want to get an excellent foundational knowledge of off-roading on sand. We believe that enjoyment of off-roading is only possible when you are confident in your car and your abilities to navigate the sand. This course is designed to arm you with the knowledge of not only how to drive in the sand, but how to recover yourself safely when stuck, without hurting yourself, or damaging your vehicle.
The Course Includes:
- 1 hour theory classroom session
- 20 min break (water, soft drinks, coffee, and snacks provided)
- 2 1/2 hour practical session in the dunes where you put into practice what you have learned under the guidance of our instructor.
- Timings: Morning session is 08:30 – 12:30 / afternoon session is 13:30 to 17:30. Please check the calendar for when the courses are scheduled.
This course is designed to give the driver the knowledge and confidence to explore and enjoy the outdoors. We start with a 1 hour classroom session covering the following topics:
- Safety: seat belts, air bags, distance, etc.
- Power: engine, drivetrain, electronic aids
- Suspension: articulation, approach, shock absorption, etc.
- Tyres: pressure, reading tyre numbers, etc.
- Crest crossing, crest riding, side sloping
- Self recovery
- Navigation: reading the sand, using a GPS/phone.
We not only cover ‘the what’ and ‘the how’, but also ‘the why’ – this is critical so you can build on your knowledge simply with experience in going out to the desert.
After the classroom session, we will have a short coffee break and then head out to the dunes to implement what we have covered and have some serious fun. In addition to linking the above list to sand driving, our instructor will make you comfortable in going over crests, reading the sand for safe navigation, and self recovery. Our goal is for you to end the course armed with the knowledge and confidence for you to enjoy the great outdoors the UAE has to offer safely.